This is a full-time role with ****, a non-profit technology startup. They are looking for an engineer with 3-5 years of experience. They are in the process of implementing Node and React.js (JS stack). The title is lead engineer, because you would be the 4th engineer & play a key role! Culture fit is key.
They recently closed their seed funding, and Sales are looking strong so they are looking for another engineer!
*** is a new social venture founded at Stanford University. Our mission is to help people use their estate plans to do tremendous good for the people and causes they love.
(We also happen to believe that being a fast-growing for-profit startup is the most effective way to achieve these goals.)
We provide high-quality, intuitive online tools to create legal wills, at no cost to the consumer. Our product helps people identify beneficiaries of their estates, guardians for their minor children if necessary, directives on memorial services, and more.
Within this tool, a user can easily leave charitable bequests in their will to causes they care about. This significantly increases the amount of funds directed towards nonprofits. To date, we have raised more than $180 million in new commitments to nonprofit organizations.
We are looking for an ambitious engineer with strong product sense at ***. This role will require taking on a high level of responsibility across a wide variety of projects.
This role reports to our Director of Engineering, and is based in New York City. Competitive comp & equity. Flexible start date.
For this role (and all other roles at ***), we first screen for aptitude, tenacity, and kindness. More details about this particular role are below.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Own the design and development of greenfield features for the*** web application
- Work a modern stack including React, Node.js, and Serverless backend
- Interact closely with a diverse team across legal, growth, design, and product
- Inform product decisions for the company
- Gain knowledge of end-of-life planning and nonprofit fundraising – what currently is working, what is not, and what tech can do to help fix it
- 3-5 years building production systems for complex web app
- Skilled in SQL and database management
- Skilled in development operations (e.g. AWS – EC2, RDS, S3), web analytics, and security
Other Important Traits
- Intense curiosity
- Scrappiness and grit
- Consumer-first design mindset and eye for visual design
- Foresight about how technical decisions today will impact the business and the product in the future and at scale
Email resume to Kaitlin O’Brien at [email protected]