The Systems Admin is responsible for installing, supporting, and maintaining advanced networks, servers, virtualization, storage, desktops, and communication devices at client sites. The SA configures the equipment and software in accordance with our technical standards as adapted to specific client business needs, trains the customer on the solution, and documents the solution for ongoing support. The SA may serve as the project manager lead, as a member of an implementation team on larger projects, or work individually to provide the services during support visits or on smaller projects.
- At least five year’s experience of increasing levels of technical knowledge and exposure to the following technologies: firewalls, networking, routing, server administration, active directory, SQL, Exchange, virtualization (Hyper-V and VMware), and disaster recovery.
- Technical certifications – Actually, we don’t require this. We are more concerned about what you know than by your test taking abilities, but we won’t count it against you.
- Focus on customer service – We are passionate about going above and beyond to provide our customers with excellent service. We expect you to be of the same mindset.
- Demonstrated history of job stability – We invest a lot in our employees. We are looking for candidates who want a career, not a short-term gig.
- Accountability: Do what you say you’re going to do when you say you’re going to do it.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, nights, and weekends – On occasion, we do require work outside of our standard business hours to accommodate client needs.
Here are the things you need to know (also known as: what sets us apart from other firms):
- You’ll work with extremely passionate, driven and experienced technical professionals. This means we recognize (and love) brilliance and hard work.
- We are totally focused on learning, growing, and mentoring so that everyone can prosper in their careers and add value to MTS, each other, and our clients.
- Relationships are important to us. We provide the highest levels of customer service and strive to always exceed our clients’ expectations. You will too.
- We love collaborating and working together as a team. We sponsor paintball tournaments, volleyball duals, happy hours and many other activities for our employees.
- We offer health care, 401K fund contributions, competitive salaries, extremely liberal PTO policy, and a family atmosphere of caring and concern for each team member.
- As we’re a small company that has worked hard to create processes and metrics to measure our success, you will be on display. This means that when you’re kicking butt, we are going to notice. It also means if you’re playing on Facebook and not working, we’re going to notice.
Email resume to Cara Partovich at [email protected]