We are seeking an outstanding candidate to join an agile, highly professional team that collaborates with other Developers, Quality Assurance, and Business Analysts to deliver crucial new features and to help grow and maintain this exciting business within XXXX.
This person will be part of the server-side development team, playing a key role in the development, deployment, and support of XXXX.
- Develop architectural and functional production functionality and automatic test scripting to maintain business-level components for a large-scale distributed financial application and third-party interfaces.
- Serve as liaison with internal development groups to provide technical direction and support on delivered components.
- Document delivered features, enhancements, and functionality.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of relevant C++ programming experience.
- Strong object-oriented design and methodology.
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Motivated self-starter; strong “take-charge” attitude.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- An understanding of electronic financial messaging FIX protocol.
- Knowledge of Python is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of various relational databases, especially Oracle.
- Understanding of messaging-based distributed systems that support high-speed transaction processing, fault-tolerance, application/data integration, and security.