Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
At XXXX, it’s our mission to lead the industry as the results-oriented, business-minded provider of technology services. Through our unique focus on applying technology toward enhancing our clients’ business practices, we reach our ultimate goal of improving efficiency, reducing operating expenses, and increasing the profitability of your business.
XXXX’s Server and Virtualization Engineering team provides expertise in the design, deployment and operation of both our cloud services and clients’ server and storage infrastructure. We excel at implementing designs from simple topologies to the latest technologies while emphasizing best practices. Our customer facing approach to understanding client goals ensures successful project completion and client satisfaction.
We are currently looking for a qualified candidate with proven server support skills and experience designing, implementing and managing systems within the framework of VMware and Microsoft Active Directory-centric environments. Ideal candidates should enjoy working in a team environment and looking to advance their career and take their system engineering skills to the next level.
Strong with implementation and administration of:
Cisco UCS Server product line
Cloud based solutions
VMware 5.0 – 5.5
Exchange 2013, 2010
Microsoft Server 2012, 2008 – Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy
Hands on Experience and Working knowledge of:
Storage – NetApp, Nimble, EMC
Microsoft Hyper V 2012
Backup and Disaster Recovery
Microsoft Office Suite
BYOD – Compliance and Archiving Solutions
Strong experience with virtualization within a corporate environment utilizing VMware VCenter server and the various VMware features, as well as integration with components such as SAN storage, replication and backup technologies. Should understand cloud technologies such as virtualization and storage concepts and be able to use virtualization software for day-to-day tasks and issues. Data center infrastructure technologies such as blade servers, automation and Disaster Recovery a plus.
Strong Experience and skill with corporate server operating systems, specifically Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and up. Strong understanding and experience of Microsoft Active Directory technology, and Exchange Server 2013.
Solid understanding of modern networking fundamentals as they relate to Microsoft enterprise networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP, SMB/CIFS and DFS. Skill and experience with disaster recovery and backup technology and procedures for Windows Server-based products.
Engineers work in a team environment to deliver an exceptional level of technical and customer service to TekScape IT’s customers in the New York City region and the Greater New York/New Jersey region. TekScape IT engages all employees proactively in all aspects of the business to provide them with experience and exposure to a wide range of IT environments and technologies, allowing for a diverse, creative and thoughtful development of their skills and knowledge.
System Engineer is responsible for the following day-to-day tasks:
- Assist in the management and growth of XXXX’s Cloud solutions
- Work with team members to respond to and resolve client issues by providing escalated incident management, some examples are:
- Troubleshoot Active Directory, Exchange and Server related issues
- Work with team to plan server migration and deployment projects
- Troubleshoot network file share access and basic networking issues
- Engage and manage 3rd-party vendors to achieve expedient resolution
- Serve as a point of escalation to troubleshoot advanced Microsoft Windows desktop, printing networking issues for workstations
- Serve as a point of escalation to troubleshoot Microsoft Office issues on Windows and occasionally Mac OS X
- Proactively communicate the status of any engineering efforts to internal and external stakeholders according to company guidelines in a concise, accurate and timely manner
- Properly manage personal work load and work assignments from clients, team leads and management to achieve timely and efficient resolution and completion
- Work within a ticket system resolving client issues and requests
- Accurately document all work done in internal systems throughout the course of a day
- Collaborate with operations team to ensure timely turnarounds on client quote, design and purchase requests to resolve client issues
- Provide on-call support up to one work-week or weekend (alternating) per month
- Strong troubleshooting skills to assist with support and implementation of various technologies
- Minimum of 5 plus years’ experience with the maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting of various technology environments
- Microsoft SQL up to 2012 and Microsoft Exchange up to 2013 installation experience
- Strong troubleshooting of client / server & network issues
- Solid understanding of hardware, software in a Windows OS environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows server technologies (2008 and up)
- Familiar with installing and maintaining applications for Administrative and non Administrative use.
- A strong understanding of Network protocols and the ability to identify and troubleshoot basic network connectivity issues
- Strong documentation skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of enterprise systems architectures and components like AD, DHCP, DNS, Firewalls, software deployment, etc.
- a positive attitude and a passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills applicable to Customer Service role
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as sound, independent judgment.
- Knowledge of storage devices & technologies like RAID, SAN and archive & restore Microsoft and Cisco certifications are an advantage but not required